ClickFusion Academy – Changelog
This is the official changelog. From here you can see what updates have been done, changes and modifications to the website, content and the userbase. It also lists entries for new features, features that have been removed or modified. Important updates will reflect here aswell as the Academy Members newsboard.
March 2018 Updates
- Added a new tutorial – String Manipulation in Fusion 2.5
- Added new two-part video tutorial – Parent-Child Support System
- Published Easter Holidays Podcast
- Published Clickteam Fusion 3 Podcast
- Released new tutorial Importing Spriter Files into Fusion 2.5 (Courtesy of Mike)
- Merged forums into AnswerStack
- Updated Student Hub
- Optimized entire Academy website, removing un-needed plugins
Feb 2018 Updates
- Fixed email SMTP/DNS issue with the server. It would appear some of the DNS had been incorrectly configured for RDNS. People should be getting more emails now. Please check your SPAM folders for any ClickFusion Academy emails and select ‘Not Spam’ to ensure you get emails from the server.
Jan 2018 Updates
- New Podcast available with Triadian – Clickteam Firefly in Fusion 2.5
- Just to note, there have been other additional updates for Jan but unfortunately they were not noted down due to absence – I will iterate through the list of changes best I can in Feb and issue an email regarding these (and update here accordingly).
December 2017 Updates
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Create your own Game Crash Logs – and Free Version
- Uploaded new video tutorial – GET Object (A GET Request)
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Save Data before App Ends
- Moved ClickFusion Academy to a new server, with new migration for CP
- Uploaded a second December podcast here
- Redone and uploaded 4 videos (Basic Scrolling / Always-If-Else / Quick Backdrop Object / String Tokenizer)
- Installed and configured the new AnswerStack
- Uploaded a new podcast – Don’t hate the Playa
- Designed and updated header images for 161 tutorials (mind-numbing)
- Updated Student-Hub with new design
- Modified Student-Hub with changes from user feedback
November 2017 Updates
- Integrated new branding (replacing old one)
- Redesigned entire website
- Performed some heavy DB operations to ensure site remains optimized
- Started a new section (Academic) for educators, schools and universities
- Start a new weekly series (ClickFusionOS) – Episode 1
October 2017 Updates
- Re-routed server using CloudFlare DNS
- Published a new podcast – Weirder Stuff 2 (ClickJam)
- Published a new course – Build a Flappy Bird-like game with Clickteam Fusion 2.5
- Fixed Forums (merged free/pro) – Only Pro members can write/reply/upload attachments. Free users and guests can only view threads. Pro members can still make their threads ‘private’ if they don’t wish to share with the general public.
- Released a new course – Build a Space Shooter with Fusion 2.5
- Published new blog post – How to install extensions in Clickteam Fusion 2.5
- Published September Podcast
- Published new blog post – Klik n Play Revisited
September 2017 Updates
- Published new blog post – Clickteam Fusion Platformer Tutorial
- Published new blog post – 5 reasons not to use pirated Clickteam Fusion 2.5
- Released a new course – Building a platformer with Fusion 2.5
- Published new blog post – Preventing False Positives in Fusion 2.5 apps
- Published new blog post – What makes a Clickteam Fusion 2.5 tutorial
- Merged new plan into membership (Clickteam Patreon)
- Removed Plus Membership (existing members still active) – Free Membership or Pro now available
August 2017 Updates
- Uploaded a new tutorial Creating a Car ‘Skid’ Effect in Fusion 2.5
- Uploaded a new podcast Clickteam Firefly with Quail Studios
- Updated Live Stream Archive with Creating a Platformer Live
- Uploaded new video tutorial Game Mechanics – Endless Runner with Random Platforms
- Uploaded new podcast Five Nights at Freddy’s, Game Development Concepts
- Created new section Programming Challenges and uploaded first challenge
- Uploaded new free beginner tutorial Create or Fire objects in Fusion 2.5
- Uploaded the first August Podcast.
- Created new chat server with chat room on Discord. Link inside Academy Hub.
- Updated 96 Video Tutorial pages with new video links
July 2017 Updates
- Uploaded new written tutorial Custom Timers with MOD
- Updated Blog
- Uploaded new tutorial 1000 Backdrops or 1 Active
- Updated Academy Hub with some new features
- Uploaded new tutorial – XOR – Have Flags that you can name
- Uploaded new tutorial – Create a ‘Snap-to’ Grid video
- Uploaded new Podcast – The state of Fusion 2.5
- Uploaded new tutorial – Create a Snap-To Grid Event
- Uploaded two new posts to the Academy Blog
- Uploaded Android – Unable to resolve API solution
- Uploaded new free support section on the website
- Installed and configured a new cache system to enable SSL caching and individual user cache generation.
- Converted website to always use SSL (https) for secure browsing. The website is now secure 24/7.
- Uploaded Create your own Timers tutorial to Pro.
- Uploaded new Starter Pack Library to Academy Hub for Free/Plus/Pro.
- Fixed Parallaxing video tutorial – Video was not loading correctly
- Created new Podcast section
- Uploaded July Podcast
June 2017 – Updates
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Simple Rain Effect to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Understanding the String Tokenizer to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – The Score and Lives objects to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Detecting Closest Enemy to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Setting a Manual Cooldown to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Instance Detection to Pro (VIP).
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Parallax in Fusion 2.5 to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Animalz (Full Game) to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – What is an Event? to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Main Interface to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – App Properties to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – A closer look at the Event Editor to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Shooting Gallery to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Always – If – Else to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – The Quick Backdrop Object to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Basic Scrolling in Fusion 2.5 to Free/Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Character Selection to Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Creating an After-Image to Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Using Video in your Games and Apps to Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Spawning Random Enemies to Plus/Pro.
- Uploaded new video tutorial – Detecting the Closest Enemy to Plus/Pro.
- Rebranded FusionRAD into The Fusion Academy.
1st May 2017
- Revamped Members Area (Hub) [link]
26th April 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Maze Game with Level Editor [link]
18th April 2017
- Introduced a new module, the Expression Editor which will look at all the functions inside the editor. You will see this update accordingly. [link]
16th April 2017
- Fixed up some internal links (a few incorrect tutorial links)
3rd – 6th April 2017
- Migrated website over to a brand new server. Installed a new caching system along with Varnish. Installed new SSL Certs.
2nd April 2017
- Installed new caching system to the website
27th March 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Spaceroids (Full game tutorial) [link]
26th March 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Creating a Newspaper Popup for your games [link]
17th March 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Creating your own Game or App Updater [link]
3rd March 2017
- Added a new written tutorial Getting to know the Fusion 2.5 Runtime [link]
1st March 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Child Objects in Fusion 2.5 [link]
- Added a new video tutorial Preloading Frames in Fusion 2.5 [link]
- Added a new video tutorial Basic Inventory System [link]
- Added a new video tutorial Optimization in Fusion 2.5 (Part 1) [link]
27th February 2017
- Added a new video tutorial Optimization in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Part 1) [link]
23rd February 2017
- Added a new written lecture Mobile Display Resolutions
7th February 2017
- Added a new tutorial Coin Run
- Added a new free tutorial Fastloop – Introduction
- Added a new tutorial to free section JumpJump video tutorial
- Added a new Board Game Mechanic video tutorial
- Added a new If – Else statement video tutorial
6th February 2017
- Added a new Free Tour of the website for non-members
2nd February 2017
- Added a new written tutorial (Spreading Unique IDs)
31st January 2017
- Uploaded new JumpJump tutorial video
- Added a new video tutorial (What is an Event?)
- Added a new video tutorial (Introduction to App Development)
30th January 2017
- Added a new written tutorial (Global Events in Clickteam Fusion 2.5)
29th January 2017
- Dropped monthly subscriptions completely
- Changed yearly (annual) subscriptions to one-time membership (no more subscriptions for anyone – Lifetime memberships)
27th January 2017
- Added a new “HOW TO” written lecture to Module One.
26th January 2017
- Added a new “Animalz” tutorial to Module 6
11th January 2017
- All HTTPS areas are now 100% non-mixed content. All assets on every page including images are forced to server as https for maximum security.
7th January 2017
- Re-introduced Module 5 to the curriculum list. Cleaned up some links and levelled the audio across the module for video tutorials
6th January 2017
- Server migration complete and successful
- Installed new cache system and reconfigured some extra cache settings
- Did a full-server optimisation routine on all images stored serverside
- You should now notice an even bigger increase in site speed, in particular video tutorial buffer speed
- Redesigned Student Hub to be more user-friendly and looks a lot better
5th January 2017
- Created and added a new, fully commented example to Module 9 (Changing XScale – Width)
4th January 2017
- Cleaned up curriculum page (new style links)
- Added a new module (Application Development)
- Added a new written tutorial (App Dev – Detecting file drops)
3rd January 2017
- Started upgrade on server (you might experience some weirdness for 24-48 hours whilst DNS propagates)
- Installed a new ‘cache’ system and some new time extensions to the client cache
1st January 2017
- Added a brand new user notification system. This saves me sending emails out to inboxes. Now you should subscribe to FusionRAD.com notifications and I can send notifications out to all users. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click on website options (in Chrome click the (i) button next to the website address and click on notifications). If you have subscribed, you should see a green bell icon in the lower left corner of your screen when you are on the website.
31st December 2016
- Fixed various broken website links
- Added forums to the website main menu
- Corrected https mixed content on the checkout page (some still exists through css)
- Posted up new testimonials page
- Added new ‘attachment’ feature to forum (You can now attach files)
- Added a new website ‘glossary’. Certain terms will now be highlighted as a link in grey, hover over to see a description.
30th December 2016
- Added the ‘Sideways Scroller’ video tutorial
- Added The String Tokenizer video tutorial